itsy-bitsy betsy

Friday, May 11, 2007

A Special Day!

Woke up early yesterday, 'guess I'm pretty excited to start the day, of course, today is the 10th of May. Headed straight to the bathroom and took a refreshing shower - ahhh what a nice feeling! Then woke up my husband, told him to go hurry up 'coz we were supposed to catch up the 7am mass in Antipolo. We didn't bother to wake up the kids 'coz bringing them with us would mean another hour or so to dress them up and prepare before we could leave the house. We got to Antipolo, as expected, late for the 7am mass. So we have to wait for the next mass instead. It has been a tradition, that everytime my birthday comes, besides the fact that it falls on the month of May, (so as the Feast of the Mother of Good Voyage), we hear mass in Antipolo. I remember when I was younger, the whole family would be going to Antipolo and my sisters and I anticipated this time, especially I of course. Upon hearing mass, we used to enjoy having a breakfast of steaming hot sotanghon soup (with boiled egg) or lugaw at the nearby carinderias outside the Church and of course, going with our Mama, to buy "kasuy" nuts, mangga, suman and kalamay which are sold left and right by those sometimes, excuse the word - "almost pesky" vendors. Good thing now, they are not allowed to enter the Church premises and were given proper stalls to market their products. After mass, my husband and I, before going back home, passed by Mcdo to buy breakfast and pancakes for our girls. We were actually, in bit of a hurry, to get back too because I have to be at the office before lunch, in time for the lunch treat an officemate (its her birthday too!) and I were supposed to throw for our department. We had a feast of a lunch at the "paluto" located at the Ortigas Home Depot. Though some came a bit late for lunch, I'm sure everyone was full and I just hope everyone enjoyed it! When we got back to the office, I was quite in a "no-work" mood, perhaps because I was feeling sleepy, after that hearty lunch!

I got off from work a bit earlier, my husband came and picked me up early! I actually promised my eldest daughter that I'd be home early that day! We had another celebration at home, this time with my family! My mother prepared a sumptuous dinner for us and again, I think, everyone did enjoy the meal! Whew, it was a really a tummy-filling day! I never imagine I could eat so much in a day! Anyway, I'm eating for two, right ha ha! I guess my baby is really overjoyed with all the food he/she had that day! Before turning in for the night, I was once again given a treat by my two daughters who gave me a "birthday song"! It was for me, one of the most precious gifts I got yesterday! And finally, time to turn in for the night and before doing so, I just have to go and say "thank you" to my Mom, of course, for cooking for my birthday and most especially to Him, for blessing me with another year (and hopefully with more years!). To everyone who greeted, emailed, texted and remembered me yesterday, a big thanks to all of you and for making it such a special and wonderful day that it was!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home