itsy-bitsy betsy

Monday, June 18, 2007

Missing Papa!

Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day! Once a year, every third Sunday of the month of June we pay tribute to our Fathers, we express to them our deepest appreciation for providing us with all our needs, for protecting us from danger and harm, for teaching us different things in life, for being our "all-time hero" especially when we were still small! Everytime this time of the year comes, it makes me miss my Papa even more...in a weeks time, it would be exactly eight years ago that he has left us to join our Mighty Creator up above! But even though he's no longer here with us, that doesn't mean he has stopped being my Papa! I know, deep in my heart that he continues to watch over us! I admit it was really hard at first to accept that you are gone especially since for all of my life, you have always been there for me! That's the one thing I am most proud of, you have always been there for all seven of us and of course for Mama, too! That's why I miss you terribly! Sometimes I can't help but imagine how it would have been have you not left us, and I surely hope you got the chance to see your apos from me... your sixth child! I know you'll love them for sure and I know, just like Mama, sometimes you'll get annoyed as well, especially when the kids are making too much noise and scattering things/toys around the house or when they are having their once in a while tantrums!
To those who don't know my Papa, let me tell you something about him! He's such a responsible and caring father! Though he may not be that outspoken in letting us know how much he loves and care for us, you'll feel it right through you by the things he does for you, by all the sacrifices and hard work he endured just so he can provide us with the best things in life! He's also our "handyman" at home, he likes fixing things around the house (kahit minsan hindi nya kaya ayusin, or ayaw pang aminin na hindi nya magawa!), he takes good care of our cars (making sure he checks the engine regularly and maintains it in its tiptop condition, imagine... tinutuyo n'ya pa pag-naulanan, pangit daw kasi ang salamin ng kotse pag natuyuan ng ulan!), waits for us 'till we are all home for the night, and a whole lot more!

That's why we continue to celebrate Father's day.... in honor of my dearest Papa, of course and as well as my brothers (who are all dad's too - though the three of them are all in the U. S. now) and my brother's-in-law and of course the father of my children... my dearest husband! We went to Loyola to visit Papa after hearing Mass and then had our usual Sunday lunch at home which was of course, extra special since it was after all a special day!

Papa, I know wherever you are now, you're happy and at peace! I just want to say "thank you" for being my papa, for bringing us up the way you (& Mama) did for we will never have turn up to way we are now had it been not for you, your guidance and your unconditional love for each and everyone of us! I do miss you a lot, however, your love and memory will always be here in my heart.... and I will forever be grateful for having you as my Papa!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home