itsy-bitsy betsy

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1st Day of School Happenings!

Hey, it's June! It's back to school for my two girls! Erika's classes started last June 13, a Wednesday! We both woke up early that day, she was pretty excited and I could sense a bit hesitant to go to school, especially since she's going a new school and she's now in Grade school! Well, I guess her Daddy and Mommy's presence made her a bit confident since usually parents are allowed to accompany their children to school during the first day of school! We arrived just in time and being newcomers, we didn't know where to go at first! Fortunately, there were lots of teachers inside the campus giving directions and information on where students need to go! And my sister, Ena was there with us (her kids are old students in the same school) to lead us as well. At last, we found the area assigned for Grade 1 students, and boy, was it jampacked with students and parents, each busy looking for their assigned Class Sections and finding the right line to fall into! Finally we found the line for "Polite Section"! We were already way at the back of the line, and my daughter and I were both perspiring already because it was really very humid and although we were in a covered area, I guess besides the hot weather we have nowadays, the magnitude of people in the area added to the extremely uncomfortable heat! Then, it was time for them to go to their respective classrooms bringing in tow their ("neat-looking", of course!) brand new bags (trolleys/backpacks) and lunch boxes loaded with all the school books , notebooks and other materials they were expected to bring! We were right behind her till she got inside her classroom, which is, by the way, at the second floor! I wonder if my daughter would be able to pull her "quite heavy" trolley bag everyday all the way up to her room! As soon as all the students got settled in their own seats, their new class adviser introduced herself to her new students and began checking attendance to see whether everyone on the list was already in class! It was then after that, it was announced that the class would be dismissed by 11 am just for that day, being the first day and then, parents were asked to leave their kids and just come back at dismissal time! Erika seemed quiet in her seat, I guess, a bit conscious being a new student in a new school! But then, she seemed all grown up too... nodding her head (as if telling us: "Okay you may go!"), when I signalled her that Mommy and Daddy will be leaving her for now! Well, now that my daughter is in Grade school, its a bit different from the past years first day of schools while she was in pre-school! No more crying blues, no more "I wanna stay with Mommy!" or "I wanna go home!" cries! Then again... i think, my daughter is really ready for school and I'm sure pretty soon, she'll be confident to learn new things and happy to meet new friends in this oh so very new environment!

June 18, a Monday, marks the first day of school for my little Bianca! She's now in Junior Advanced Casa! Her class is not until 10:30am so I woke her up around 8am (though she actually woke up around 830 na!) and her school is just beside our house so ther would be no travelling time or traffic to worry! After eating her breakfast, she took her bath and dressed up for school! Before 10 am, I think she was all dressed up and ready for school - I guess pretty excited too to meet her old friends and classmates and to meet her new teacher as well! We were a bit early for school and first thing we did was to check which section she belongs! This year, she's now in Lychee section (wonder whoever thought of giving "lychee" for a class section?!). In a couple of minutes they were asked to line up according to their class sections and then they were off inside their respective classrooms! It was posted that their class for the first three days of school will only be till 12nn! (Lucky for me, our house is just beside the school!) I left Bianca in school and came back for her at 12 noon. My little girl, Bianca, though only 4 years young, I can say, is just as ready for school as her Ate Erika! Happy to meet old and new friends and I know, confident enough to learn & discover new things! Now that school is back, I guess' us parents would be looking forward to helping with homeworks and projects, doing reviewers and helping them study for quizzes and exams again for the next months or so!































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home